Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Camtasia an evolution over 3 years



A year ago, I thought that the Gateway write-on tablet PC was the next best thing for education. Over the course of a year or two, I have seen Promethean boards and SmartBoards take their place in many schools and classrooms. However, I have heard little about software growth for teachers, with the exception of the wonderful technology that accompanies ActivBoards and Smartboards.

For a couple of months in 2007, I begin hearing about a wonderful software program called Camtasia. However, it had been around for at least three years. When I saw the finished product, I had to get myself involved in the process of making one. Today, I am definitely a true advocate of Camtasia for many reasons after my first post-production.

You just might be wondering what Camtasia is. Camtasia is a screen capture program. However, it is much more. With a set up that is similar to Windows Movie Maker, Camtasia allows on-the-spot editing of voice overs, callouts (which look similar to the cartoon bubbles that you see drawn in comic strips), zoom features, and the creation of transitions. The entire appeal of Camtasia is that it allows teachers the flexibility to start truly sharing internet resources in a "how to" format without having a big meeting. Camtasia has the capacity to improve staff development time and the teaching of lessons to students in the blink of an eye. True technologically enthusiastic teachers will love spending the time that it takes to make a Camtasia production because it can benefits teachers and students. Find out the latest updated information about Camtasia.

All rights reserved.
Techie Teacher 2007

No comments: